Geoff represents Fortune 500 companies, local real estate developers, investment companies, and other businesses in all types of complex real estate and business transactions, including complicated acquisition, sale, and financing transactions involving mixed-use developments, office buildings, parking garages, corporate headquarters, commercial shopping centers, industrial properties, self-storage facilities, residential subdivisions, multifamily properties, marinas, and motels. He has also handled all types of financing transactions on behalf of borrowers, including CMBS loans, CTL loans, construction loans, seller financing transactions, and traditional commercial bank financing transactions.
Geoff’s practice also includes rendering advice with respect to other real estate matters, such as title insurance and title issues; commercial leases; easement preparation; and preparation of declarations for residential subdivisions, including declarations for the first “SmartCode” based community in New Castle County.
Prior to his legal career, Geoff was awarded an MBA and attained over 8 years of business experience working for various homebuilders, a real estate developer, and a large commercial construction and engineering company. His prior experience allows him to better understand the business issues facing his clients, including practical concerns in transactions involving construction.
Geoff has represented clients in transactions totaling in excess of one billion ($1,000,000,000), including the following:
• Acquisition of corporate headquarters – over the last 7.5 years, Geoff has handled the acquisition of a corporate headquarters site and repositioning of the site for a mixed-use development. Work on this project included financing transactions with four (4) lenders in excess of $226,000,000; leasing of approximately 865,000 square feet of office space to three corporate tenants; and various related matters
• A real estate investor in the $55,000,000 acquisition of a six building office park involving a bank loan, a CMBS loan and seller financing
• A seller of a portfolio of properties in excess of $40,000,000
• A developer in a $33,000,000 financing transaction for the construction of an assisted living facility
• A developer in connection with a $31,000,000 leasehold mortgage and construction financing transaction for the construction of an office tower
• A regional, family-owned property management company with a $7,000,000 acquisition of a 116-unit apartment complex
• Homebuilders, land owners, and developers in the sale, acquisition, and financing of over 50 residential subdivisions, including the purchase and sale of lots and approved subdivisions
• Landlords in connection with complex leasing transactions involving national retail tenants
• Temple University Beasley School of Law, Law School, J.D.
• Villanova University, M.B.A., Business Administration
• Villanova University, B.M.E., Mechanical Engineering
• Delaware State Bar Association, Member
• American Bar Association, Member
• The Commercial-Industrial Realty Council of New Castle County, Delaware
• Urban Land Institute
• Delaware Contractors Association
Honors and Distinctions:
• Arthur L. Berns Memorial Award in Real Estate Law
• Recognized by U.S. News as a “Best Lawyer” in the area of Real Estate (2020)
• Recognized by Super Lawyers as a top-rated Delaware real estate attorney, 2019 Rising Star
• Recognized as a Ranked Lawyer by Chambers and Partners (2019 – Up and Coming)
• Recognized in the Mid Atlantic Real Estate Journal’s “Best of 2019,” “Best of 2018,” and “Best of 2016” issues as a Best Attorney
• Recognized in Delaware Business Times’ 2015 Class of 40 Under 40
• New Jersey
Delaware Licensed Title Agent:
• First American Title Insurance Company
• Stewart Title Guaranty Company
• Fidelity National Title Insurance Company
• Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company