Geoff represents Fortune 500 companies, local real estate developers, investment companies, and other businesses in all types of complex real estate and business transactions, including complicated acquisition, sale, and financing transactions involving office buildings, parking garages, commercial shopping centers, industrial properties, self-storage facilities, residential subdivisions, multifamily properties, and motels. He has also handled all types of financing transactions on behalf of borrowers, including CMBS loans, CTL loans, construction loans, seller financing transactions, and traditional commercial bank financing transactions.
Geoff’s practice also includes rendering advice with respect to other real estate matters, such as title insurance and title issues; commercial leases; easement preparation; and preparation of declarations for residential subdivisions, including declarations for the first “SmartCode” based community in New Castle County.
Prior to his legal career, Geoff was awarded an MBA and attained over 8 years of business experience working for various homebuilders, a real estate developer, and a large commercial construction and engineering company. His prior experience allows him to better understand the business issues facing his clients, including practical concerns in transactions involving construction.
Geoff has represented clients in transactions totaling in excess of $450,000,000.00 in the last year, including the following:
• A real estate investor in the $55,000,000.00 acquisition of a six building office park involving a bank loan, a CMBS loan and seller financing
• A developer in a $50,000,000.00 acquisition, financing, and leasing transaction involving a corporate headquarters
• A seller of a portfolio of properties in excess of $40,000,000.00
• A developer in connection with a $31,000,000.00 leasehold mortgage and construction financing transaction for the construction of an office tower
• Homebuilders in the acquisition and financing of subdivisions and lots purchases
• Landlords in connection with complex leasing transactions involving national tenants
• Temple University Beasley School of Law, Law School, J.D.
• Villanova University, M.B.A., Business Administration
• Villanova University, B.M.E., Mechanical Engineering
• Delaware State Bar Association, Member
• American Bar Association, Member
• The Commercial-Industrial Realty Council of New Castle County, Delaware
• Urban Land Institute
• Delaware Contractors Association
Honors and Distinctions:
• Arthur L. Berns Memorial Award in Real Estate Law
• Recognized by Super Lawyers as a top-rated Delaware real estate attorney, 2019 Rising Star
• Recognized as a Ranked Lawyer by Chambers and Partners (2019 – Up and Coming)
• Recognized in the Mid Atlantic Real Estate Journal’s “Best of 2016” issue as the Best Attorney of 2016
• Recognized in Delaware Business Times’ 2015 Class of 40 Under 40
• New Jersey
Licensed Title Agent:
• First American Title Insurance Company
• Stewart Title Guaranty Company
• Fidelity National Title Insurance Company
• Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company