Tarabicos, Grosso & Hoffman, LLP provides results-oriented litigation services, representing clients with diverse needs and interests across a full range of commercial, business, and real estate litigation matters, including:
- Contract disputes
- Title insurance claims
- Mechanic’s liens
- Construction disputes
- Tax assessment appeals
- Commercial landlord-tenant matters
- Builder-homebuyer matters
- HOA disputes
- Land use and zoning matters
- Disputes involving various property rights, including easements, covenants, conditions, and restrictions
- Quiet title actions
- Eminent domain and condemnation matters
- Trademark registration and business counseling
- Employment disputes and general employment counseling
- Regulatory matters
Our clients range from individuals to large businesses and include real estate owners, developers, homebuilders, landlords, property managers, tenants, insurers, contractors, employers, and employees.
Our commercial litigation team works strategically with the firm’s transactional real estate and land use practices, combining our analysis and understanding of complex issues to deliver exceptional value and service to our clients.
Our attorneys have represented matters in all Delaware state and federal courts; in labor and employment matters before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Delaware Human Resources Commission, and the Delaware Department of Labor; and in regulatory matters before the Delaware Public Service Commission, the Delaware Harness Racing Commission, and other administrative bodies.
Recent representative matters include the following:
- Achieved successful resolution on behalf of a property owner who was sued in the Delaware Court of Chancery for alleged violations of restrictive covenants.
- Successfully defended a software executive in the Delaware Court of Chancery against claims of breach of restrictive covenants filed by his former employer. Following resolution of the Chancery matter, obtained a monetary settlement for the executive.
- Obtained full dismissal of a wrongful death action filed against a local real estate developer after a demolition expert was killed during the demolition of a former auto manufacturing plant.
- Achieved full dismissal of a US Department of Labor Wage and Hour investigation of a landscaping company.
- Favorably resolved multiple Prevailing Wage Law and Wage Payment Act claims against an electric company performing work on state contracts after years of litigation in four separate Superior Court lawsuits.
- Achieved full dismissal of a Workplace Fraud Act claim brought by the Delaware Department of Labor against a construction subcontractor.