The attorneys of Tarabicos Grosso provide Delaware title agent services as part of our broad, multi-disciplinary real estate practice. Delaware is an “Attorney State,” meaning that Delaware law requires that all real estate settlements be conducted by an attorney licensed to practice in Delaware. In addition to conducting and disbursing Delaware real estate closings, our transactional attorneys have vast experience reviewing real estate title searches and working through complex underwriting issues to clear title and issue title insurance policies to property owners and lenders. We also work with out-of-state attorneys and title companies to serve as local counsel and title agent on multi-state transactions.
Our services include:
- Reviewing property title history (title and lien searches) to identify and remedy chain-of-title issues, open liens, and other encumbrances in connection with real estate and financing transactions and the issuance of title insurance policies
- Conducting a thorough review and summary of title as part of the due diligence process on potential acquisitions and development projects
- Conducting in-person and remote closings, disbursing funds, recording and filing documents of record, and monitoring post-closing obligations for commercial real estate and financing transactions
- Preparing and issuing title commitments, pro forma policies, and final owner and loan policies of title insurance as licensed title agents for Delaware title insurance companies
- Serving as local counsel and Delaware title agent for out-of-state parties and multi-state deals
Delaware Licensed Title Insurance Agents
Our transactional attorneys are licensed title agents for First American Title Insurance Company, Stewart Title Guaranty Company, Fidelity National Title Insurance Company, and Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company.
Larry J. Tarabicos
Geoffrey L. Grosso
Scott L. Matthews